Thousands Attend “TrillerFest,” First Major Concert In Miami-Dade Since Start Of The Pandemic – CBS Miami

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Some of the greatest hip hop and reggaeton performers attended South Florida’s first major concert since the pandemic. The two-day Triller Festival was held at the Miami Marine Stadium and drew thousands to see it.

The all-star cast on Saturday included LiL Wayne, 2 Chainz, Tyga and Tekashi 6ix9ine.

CONTINUE READING: Governor DeSantis is suspending all local COVID-19 emergency orders

The concert-goers were specially set up for their party in socially distant pods.

On Sunday, Cris Cab and Cuban reggaeton artist Gente de Zona directed the show.

Some could watch from their cars

CONTINUE READING: City of Miami opens indoor facilities in parks

“It’s a cool concept. I like the idea that we have our own space, we’re obviously around people, but not too close because of COVID and everything, ”said Tatiana Miamo.

“We’re very excited to be back at concerts,” added Jazmine, another concert-goer.

Last week the Centers for Disease Control released new guidelines for vaccinated individuals stating they do not need to wear a mask when walking, running, and biking outdoors or at small outdoor events. It is said that a mask is still required for large gatherings like concerts. Although many did not wear masks at the Triller Festival, they said they still felt safe because of the social distance that is implemented.

“Outside, separated between parties, each in their own group, it’s safe, so it’s a fine day, the sun, the ocean breeze, it should be fine,” said Rick Gonzalez.

MORE NEWS: Miami Weather: Warm and humid, spotty afternoon showers possible

“After this tough year with the pandemic, why not,” added another concert-goer.

Comments are closed.