The Friendship Circle Miami Launches Founding Board of Directors
David Evensky as CEO
Friendship Circle Miami, a community-level non-profit organization dedicated to providing friendship and acceptance to children, adolescents and young adults with special needs regardless of their disability, has established and launched its founding board.
The board will provide the community leadership, program expertise, visibility, and fundraising necessary to make The Friendship Circle of Miami a prestigious and respected philanthropy and service program in South Florida.
In addition, the board is tasked with helping develop a new 20,000 square meter Friendship Circle campus that will serve as an activity center, social meeting point and hub for a network of families, people with special needs, volunteers and professionals, and supporters.
Members of the founding committee of Friendship Circle Miami are:
- David Evensky, Chairman of the Board and Principal of Evensky & Katz / Foldes Financial Wealth Management
- Tracey Berkowitz, Secretary to the Board of Directors and Trustee of the Fairholme Foundation
- Diane Adreon, D., Associate Director of the UM-NSU Program for Autism and Related Disabilities (CARD)
- Stacy Bolduc, Friendship Circle family member and volunteer
- Eugene R. Hershorin, MD, Director of Child and Adolescent Health in the Department of Pediatrics of the University of Miami Health Systems and Director of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- Robert C. Josefsberg, Podhurst Orseck, PA
- Paul & Michelle Kaplan, Co-founder of KW Property Management
- Jason Margulies, Partner in Lipcon, Margulies, Alsina & Winklema, PA
- Libby Herrera-Navarette, Phillips, Richard and Rind, PA
- Joanna Palmer, Specialist in health media relations, who has represented institutions such as the University of Miami Health System, Mount Sinai Medical Center, the American Heart Association, and Gastro Health
- Claudia Potamkin, Chairman and Founder of Global Oceans
- Trevor Resnick, MD, Former Head of Neurology at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital and Clinical Associate Professor of Neurology at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- Joe Roisman, Executive Vice President of Perry Ellis International
- Todd Ruderman, Tarco Properties, LLC and Value Store It Management, Inc.
- Lisa Weiner, Volunteer guide
- Rabbi Yossef Harlig and Nechama Harlig, Ex officio board members and Friendship Circle Miami co-directors
“We are pleased to announce the formation of the Board of Directors for the Miami Friendship Circle,” said Chief Executive Officer David Evensky. “These individuals bring a wealth of experience and expertise in their fields and will be of tremendous importance to the completion of a new campus and continued programmatic efforts.”
Friendship Circle Miami will rely on the support of the board of directors to develop and fund a new campus that includes two main buildings, recreational gardens and ample parking. Amenities include beautiful and engaging activity rooms, lounges, preschool classrooms, and a range of custom spaces specifically designed to meet the needs of their residents.
Also, the new campus will seek to double the number of children cared for every two years for the next decade until the majority of disabled children in Miami-Dade seek services, life-changing personal support through social interaction and recreational opportunities receive. Training of life skills, public relations and family engagement.
The Circle of Friends will also seek to expand the variety of programs already on offer that help children with special needs develop skills in areas such as arts, music, and sports. These programs also provide the opportunity for social contacts between participants as well as their typical volunteer colleagues, which many of these children lack in everyday life. The young volunteers in turn build their leadership skills and learn how to promote values of altruism.
For more information on Friendship Circle Miami, visit friendscirclemiami.org.
Connect with your customers and grow your business