May 2021 Miami Restaurant Openings and Closings
click to enlarge
The tequila tree donates mezcal and tequila at the bar in the new seafood restaurant Como Como on Moxy Miami South Beach.
Photo by Michael Kleinberg
In May, Miami welcomed some household names. Dogfish Head Miami opened at the former location of the Concrete Beach Brewery, the Coyo Taco Group opened Como Como, Kush opened an additional location in the Time Out Market in Miami Beach and Timon Balloo opened Balloo Wallah, a delivery service.
Unfortunately, one of Miami’s best coffee shops, All Day, has reportedly closed its doors. “It was either my health or the restaurant. So let’s take a break,” said Miami Herald owner Camila Ramos Carlos Frias, but left the door open to allow All Day to return at some point in the future.
Miamians can look forward to Groot Hospitality and Ch’i’s Firestone Garage opening at Brickell City Center in the coming weeks.
click to enlarge
Dogfish Head Miami has officially opened in Wynwood.
Photo courtesy Dogfish Head
- 305 wines. 13904 SW 92nd St., Palmetto Bay; 305-842-6769; 305wines.com.
- Alexander Greek tavern. 2114 NE 123rd St., North Miami, 305-456-5930; alexandergreek.com.
- Arepitas Bar in the Time Out Market. 1601 Drexel Ave., Miami Beach; timeout.com.
- Avo Miami. 1834 Bay Road, Miami Beach; avo-miami.com.
- Balloo Wallah. Only online. ubereats.com.
- Café des Fleurs. 723 Lincoln Ln. N., Miami Beach; cafedesfleurs.shop.
- Champs and heroes. Only online; champsandheroes.co.
- Chick-fil-A. 500 NW N. River Dr., Miami; 786-864-0400; chick-fil-a.com.
- The chocolate bakery. 166 NE 29th St., Miami; chocolatechipbakery.com.
- Como Como. 915 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach; 305-423-8004; comocomomiami.com.
- Dogfish Head Miami. 325 NW 24th Street, Miami; 305-796-2727; Catfish.com.
- Foozo. 1335 NE Miami Ct., Miami; 876-800-2199; eatfoozo.com.
- The grill cheese gallery. 1250 S. Miami Avenue, Miami; 305-640-8858; instagram.com/grilledcheesegallery.
- Haiku Wynwood. 221 NW 23rd Street, Miami; haikurestaurants.com.
- Kaori. 871 S. Miami Avenue, Miami; 305-306-5774; kaorimiami.com.
- Kush at the Time Out Market. 1601 Drexel Ave., Miami Beach; 786-753-5388; timeoutmarket.com.
- Nossa Omasake. 1600 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach; nossaomakase.com.
- Temakase Miami. 1671 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach; 305-998-5051; temakaseny.com.
- La Traila barbecue. 8030 NW 154th St., Miami Lakes; larailabbq.com.
- Vendome. 743 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach; 305-842-8558; vendome.miami.
- Vinya. 328 Crandon Blvd., Key Biscayne; 305-361-7001-vinyawine.com.
click to enlarge
All day coffee shop in downtown Miami.
Photo by Zachary Fagenson
click to enlarge
Chèvre will offer fine cheeses and other accessories from around the world.
Photo by Laine Doss
- Aba – Opening of the Bal Harbor Shops
- Black Market – Opening of the second location in the Bayside Marketplace
- Afishionado – Jeremy Ford opens seafood restaurant
- Angelo Elia Pizza Bar – Opening in the Aventura ParkSquare
- Avra Estiatorio Miami at Estates at Acqualina – opening soon
- The Baked Bear – Comes to Wynwood and Sawgrass Mills
- Barbakoa – Eileen Andrade opens a restaurant in Doral Yard
- Benh Mi – opening soon
- Biscayne Bay Brewing – Opening a location in downtown Miami
- Bonci – Roman style pizza opens at Cube Wynwood
- Botanico Gin and Cookhouse – opening at CocoWalk
- Brasamasa – Opening in downtown Miami
- Casa Mariano – opening soon
- Ceiba – Met is coming to Miami
- Chèvre Miami – Cheese shops are coming to Miami
- Ch’i – Opening in Brickell city center
- Esplanade at Aventura – New dining and shopping complex in Aventura with Jarana and more
- Felice – Opening of the Bal Harbor Shops
- Firestone Garage – Three concepts under one roof from Groot Hospitality
- The Forge – David Grutman is reopening this iconic Miami Beach restaurant.
- Forte – Chef Adrianne Calvo opens an Italian restaurant in Coral Gables
- Gramps 2 – opening soon
- Gramps by the Sea – opening 2021
- Icebox Cafe – opening in the falls
- John Martins Irish Pub – Return to Coral Gables
- The Joint of Miami – NJ Weedman opens a lounge in Wynwood.
- La Bottega – opening in 2021
- Los Felix opening in Coconut Grove
- The Loyal – New York brasserie comes to Miami
- Margot – Bar Lab Opens Wine Bar In Downtown Miami (Pop-Up Now Open)
- Off Site – Steve Santana (Taquiza) and Adam Darnell (Boxelder) open a nano brewery in Little Haiti
- Osteria Morini – Opening at the Kimpton Hotel Palomar
- Pastis – iconic NYC bistro is coming to Wynwood
- Pura Vida – opening in West Palm Beach
- Saint Ambroeus – Opening of the Bal Harbor Shops
- Sexy Fish – opening in Brickell
- Shoma Bazaar – Opening of the Food Hall in Doral
- Skinny Latina Healthy Kitchen & Market – Opening in Coral Gables
- Sky Yard Rooftop + Bar – Opening at Lincoln Eatery
- South Beach Brewing Company – opening soon
- Sprouts Farmers Market – Coming to Miami
- Sushi Garage – opening in CocoWalk
- Trader Joe’s – Sources say locations are opening in Coral Gables and Edgewater
- Tropezon – Opening of a tapas bar in South Beach
- True Food Kitchen – Opening of a health-oriented restaurant and bar by the falls
- Whole Foods Market – Proposed Megastore in Sunset Harbor and new locations in Fort Lauderdale